Izmit is the capital of Kocaeli Province, one of the most beautiful cities in Turkey, which is located about 100 km east of Istanbul, has a bay called Izmit Bay on the Sea of Marmara.
The population of Izmit Turkey is about 300,611 people according to a census conducted in 2011. Izmit has witnessed a remarkable development on the industrial level and it is a destination of tourism in Turkey
Izmit is located near the ancient city of Nicomedia, which was the most important city in the Roman Empire. There are many archaeological sites in the city of Izmit such as the Orhan Gazi Mosque, Demeter Temple and Bertv Pasha Mosque, which was built by the famous Ottoman architect Mimar Sinan in 1580.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||The Hotel .|
|DEPARTURE TIME||8:00 AM .|
The geological location of İzmit is between 40°-41° N and 29°-31° E, surrounded by the Gulf of İzmit at south, İstanbul and the Sea of Marmara at west, the Black Sea at north, and Sakarya at east.
The city is mostly built on hill slopes because of the cramped area, while flat plains are located around the gulf, near the sea. This topographic structure divided the city in two different parts. The first part was created on flat plains, where the city center is also located. The railway and highway networks also pass from this area which is close to the Sea of Marmara. The second part was built on hills, with many historic houses from the Ottoman period in the old quarters.
• You’ll get picked up.
• The Kocaeli Museum, also known as the Izmit Museum, has been opened in an old railway station which has been converted into a museum. It is one of the most important tourist attractions in Izmit, Turkey. It displays more than thousands of artifacts including antiques and coins.
• Seka Park , also known as Izmit Fuwara Park, is one of the most important tourist places in Izmit Turkey. It is located on the coast of the city.
• Park Lunasan Park is the largest games city in Izmit in Turkey located within the Kocaeli Fawara Park with a wide range of games suitable for adults and children as well as many restaurants in addition to an ice rink .
• Restaurants and markets in Izmit The city of Izmit Turkey includes many restaurants that offer different fish dishes and other in addition to many cafes where terraces overlooking the sea There are many markets in Izmit, the most important popular market in the center of the city, including modern markets such as Outlet Center which It includes shops of international brands of clothing and others, as well as cinemas and games for children, as well as a large restaurant featuring a buffet open for various cuisines.
• You’ll return to the hotel.