Sail between two continents and visit the extravagant Küçüksu Palace or Rumeli Fortress on this Bosphorus sightseeing cruise in Istanbul. Learn about the sights and Istanbul’s history from the onboard guide, and admire splendid views of top Istanbul attractions as you sail the strait that divides Europe from Asia. Gaze out over the domes, towers and minarets of the historic peninsula, cruise under the vast Bosphorus Bridge, float by Dolmabahçe Palace, and go ashore for a tour of either the picturebook Rumeli (Mondays and Thursdays only) or Ottoman Küçüksu.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||THe Hotel .|
|DEPARTURE TIME||8:00 AM .|
• You’ll get picked up from the hotel.
• After pickup from your central Istanbul hotel, travel to Kasımpaşa port for your cruise on the Bosphorus Strait. This famous stretch of water divides Istanbul in two and separates the continents of Europe and Asia.
• Find a comfortable spot on deck and absorb the panoramas of Istanbul’s European side and historic peninsula from the water. Then, catch views of the medieval Galata Tower rising from the Galata district as you sail into the Bosphorus Strait.
• Pass the extravagant Dolmabahçe Palace, one of the last architectural hurrahs of the Ottoman Empire; and take in the 15th-century Rumeli Fortress, with its round turrets and crenelated walls.
• Head inside to see the lavish rooms and furnishings as your guide tells tales of the sultan who resided here. The Küçüksu Palace is closed on Mondays and Thursdays, so on these days, your visit will be substituted with a tour of the Rumeli Fortress.
• You’ll return to the hotel.